Have you ever built a new page or blog post yet after weeks of waiting your page still hasn’t shown up in the Google search results? In reality, it can take weeks and even months. So how to make Google crawl your site faster?
There is yet another problem connected with the first one. Have you been in a situation where your competition takes your content and then outrank you? He may get your article through your mailing list. He writes a similar article to yours, then get Googlebot crawl and index it sooner than your article.
Now the problem is this. Your competition may have higher author rank than your site. Or he may post more frequently than you do. If this is the case then when Googlebot crawls the site of your competition before your site, Google may easily consider that your competition is the originator of the content. And that is frustrating, right? So what to do? How to get Google to index your site faster?
Follow the tips below and you’ll solve both of the problems described above:
1) Google will index your site faster;
2) You can fight your competitions which are used to outrank you with your content.
It won’t cost you a bean to find out if it can help you.
The Secret of the “Fetch as Google”
In the Google Webmaster Tools, there is a tool called Fetch as Google. In fact, Fetch as Google is a diagnostic tool that allows you to see, how Googlebot sees your page or site. But not only that. Also, it enables you to submit your site or newly created pages to index. After doing that, Google states that they will crawl the submitted URL within a day.
Another benefit of Fetch as Google
There is another great advantage of fetching your content. It allows you to check how your blog post or a web page will be looking when Googlebot crawls that page. This way you can iron out the problems and improve the performance of search engine result pages.
How to Use Fetch as Google
Fetch as Google is easy to use. Try it out.
1. You need to have your site added and successfully verified in the Google Webmaster Tools. If you have not done it yet, please follow the instructions here.
2. Login to your Google Webmaster Tools account and select your site.
3. Select Crawl section at the left and then choose Fetch as Google menu link.
4. Choose the Googlebot type – This option allows you to simulate different browser types. You can leave it Desktop. Choose Smartphone if you want to see how your page looks on a smartphone.
a. Fetch – Use this option to fetch your page only.
b. Fetch and Render – Use this option to fetch your page and to see how browsers will display it to your audience. Browser type (desktop, smartphone, etc.) depends on the Googlebot type, which you chose previously.
6. After successful fetching of a URL, you are shown a green light, and you can submit it to index. Click on the link Submit to Index.
7. The pop-up window will show up, providing you two options for indexing your page:
a. Crawl only this URL – Select this if you have a new or recently updated page.
b. Crawl this URL and its direct links – Select this option if you have changed your whole site recently.
8. Hit the blue Go button. That’s it. Your page is both fetched and submitted to index.
As you see, adding the Fetch as Google into your toolbox will help get Google crawling your content much faster. Every time you publish a blog post or a web page, fetch it right away. This way you put your content in front of Google searches much faster. Also, you avoid the situation where your competition outranks you with your content.
Why not make it the very next thing you do?
What About You?
Question: Do you fetch as Google every post and page you publish? Please let me know and I am more than happy to get back at you.