Why should you focus on one thing at a time? After all, multitasking is a noble term and zillions claim to be successful multitaskers.
Read the following quotes and you will see yourself – multitasking is NOT as effective as it seems to be.
Let me tell you, I have tried both. And I have been frustrated… No, heavily frustrated when I have tried multitasking.
Why? Simple. Because… Well, I list you some of the reasons.
- Every single time I switch from one task to another I lose time
- Also, I have to refocus to the task at hand. This refocusing has its own share of my time and energy
- Because of continual switching I cannot wholly concentrate. Not only that. I get distracted by other things and lose even more time.
- Hours pass and when I look back, I have accomplished only a little.
Wasting time frustrates me and makes me tired and angry.
Ever felt that way?
However, after following this simple rule – focus on ONE thing at a time – I have seen significant benefits already. I list some of them:
- I have saved considerable amount of time
- I have achieved better results
- I have been able to accomplish more tasks
- There is less frustration coming from unfinished tasks
- I feel the much greater satisfaction of what I do.
To help you get the better picture of the issue, I have collected into this blog post some of the best “Do one thing at a Time” motivational quotes.
Please note that these quotes are handpicked with bloggers and blogging in mind. Time is the one thing that most bloggers desperately lack. Focusing on one thing at a time helps you save time and accomplish more with the same amount of time.
Want to make real money online? Put your credit card away. It’s free to get started.
Focus on One Thing at a Time – 34 Inspirational Quotes.
1. “The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.” – Mozart
2. “I just want to focus on one thing at a time.” – Josh Silver
3. “You need to be doing fewer things for effect instead of doing more things with side effects” ― Gary Keller
4. “Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time.” – Sir Winston Churchill
5. “Your conscious brain cannot multitask. If I’m speaking to you and checking my I-Phone at the same time, I’m doing neither. This is why our society is frazzled; this misconception that we can consciously do more than one thing at a time effectively.” – Deepak Chopra
6. “I’ve realized that I can’t multitask in the writing department; I can only kind of do one thing at a time.” – Eli Roth
7. “Be like a postage stamp — stick to one thing until you get there.” — Josh Billings” ― Gary Keller
8. “Not everything matters equally, and success isn’t a game won by whoever does the most. Yet that is exactly how most play it on a daily basis.” ― Gary Keller
9. “There is no royal road to anything, one thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures.” – J.G. Holland
10. “I can’t really work on more than one thing at a time.” – Alice Hoffman
11. “Bees cannot sting and make honey at the same time. They have to make a choice. Either they are going to be a stinger or a honey-maker.” – Emanuel Cleaver
12. “The first thing you have to do is take everything with a grain of salt. You know, you’ve gotta just look at the goal, focus on what you gotta do and take one step at a time as a whole, as every performance being that’s it, that’s one objective, and let’s just move forward and work on that.” – Stefano Langone
13. “Multitasking is the opportunity to screw up more than one thing at a time.” – Unknown
14. “Why is it that between 25% and 50% of people report feeling overwhelmed or burned out at work?
It’s not just the number of hours we’re working, but also the fact that we spend too many continuous hours juggling too many things at the same time.” – Tony Schwartz
15. “Focus on one thing at a time. Enjoy it, taking the most pleasant memories of it into the next experience.” – Unknown
16. “To do two things at once is to do neither.” – Publilius Syrus
17. “It is those who concentrate on but one thing at a time who advance in this world.” — Gary Keller
18. “I can do only one thing at a time, but I can avoid doing many things simultaneously – Unknown
19. “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” – Bill Gosby
20. “You can put your mind in order by focusing on one thing at a time, doing it well, and appreciating the opportunity that this doing offers.” – Unknown
21. “It is those who concentrate on but one thing at a time who advance in this world. The great man or woman is the one who never steps outside his or her specialty or foolishly dissipates his or her individuality.” – Unknown
22. “Success demands singleness of purpose.You need to be doing fewer things for more effect instead of doing more things with side effects.
It is those who concentrate on but one thing at a time who advance in this world.
Passion for something leads to disproportionate time practicing or working at it. That time spent eventually translates to skill, and when skill improves, results improve. Better results generally lead to more enjoyment, and more passion and more time is invested. It can be a virtuous cycle all the way to extraordinary results.
The ONE Thing shows up time and again in the lives of the successful because it’s a fundamental truth. More than anything else, expertise tracks with hours invested.
The pursuit of mastery bears gifts.
When people look back on their lives, it is the things they have not done that generate the greatest regret…
People’s actions may be troublesome initially; it is their inactions that plague them most with long-term feelings of regret.
Make sure every day you do what matters most. When you know what matters most, everything makes sense.” ― Gary Keller, The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results”
― Gary Keller, The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results”
23. “I don’t want to be known as a serial entrepreneur. I like doing one thing at a time and making sure that gets my full attention until it’s well established. I enjoy the initial years of a company because they are the most dynamic, and that is when I can give the best of myself.” – Silvio Scaglia
24. “Task switching exacts a cost few realize they are even paying.” ― Gary Keller
25. “Happy is the man who can do only one thing; in doing it, he fulfills his destiny.” – Joseph Joubert
26. “Multitasking is a lie” ― Gary Keller
27. “It’s marvelous the change that comes when a man gets together all his forces and centers them upon the doing of one thing at a time.” – George Matthew Adams
28. “There may be a long list of things to do, but really, there is just one thing on the list at any time. If you think of it like that, the whole world looks different and you can stay quite calm. Maybe everything will get done eventually and maybe not. You can always have hope.” – Zoketsu Norman Fischer
29. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” – Oprah Winfrey
30. “If you can’t do it all, do one thing at a time. The worst thing you can do is stop.” – Unknown
31. “One cannot manage too many affairs: like pumpkins in the water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other.” – Chinese Proverb
32. “Forget multitasking, find the beauty in doing one thing at a time.” – Unknown
33. “I am not thinking too far ahead, just want to take it one thing at a time.” – Sachin Tendulkar
34. “There is no need in having a plan “B” since it distracts from plan “A” – Robin Sharma
Do you believe you could make $1200 a month online?
What About You?
Which one thing at a time quotes did you like best?
Please leave me a comment into the comment section below. Thank you!