In recent years, E-Commerce websites have literally sprouted left and right. To get their fair share of the audience for their niche, they often result in giving discounts and coupons which appeal to a very large demographic.
This is what prompted sites like Ibotta to come up with new mobile apps and sites that help consumers save more money in the long run. However, many are still wondering about the veracity of such sites and often ask, “is Ibotta a Scam?”
Online deals and discounts are all the rave around the Internet nowadays and have been like that for the past decade. Online rewards and couponing sites offer support to these money-saving deals and often make money out of it as well through preferential ad placements.
So here is what I learned about Ibotta App:
Name: Ibotta (Ibotta App)
Founder: Bryan Leach (Denver, Colorado, US)
Niche: Mobile technology, couponing, mobile applications
Ibotta Customer Service: Click here
My Verdict: Ibotta is not a scam. Saying that, be very careful with all your transactions.
What if I could show you a real system you can use to put $1,200+ per month into your account, working from the comfort of your home…
…Would you be interested?
Why not give a whirl right now? You’re certainly not committed to anything.
Full Review: Is Ibotta a Scam – Ibotta App Review
What is Ibotta?
This is probably the first question to ask before jumping to conclusions and ask “is Ibotta a scam?”
Ibotta is a mobile app that allows shoppers to earn some cash back from their purchase as long as they will be able to provide a valid proof of purchase. In essence, it is a couponing app that gives you some rebates after performing certain marketing-related tasks like filling out a survey or liking pages and what not.
This app is slowly gaining popularity, especially with the shopping demographic but non-shoppers are starting to take notice as well, especially with the deals and rebates that they offer upon sign-up. The interface and the features that it has makes it a viable companion to a coupon warrior.
Features and More Ways to Earn
The mobile app itself is pretty straightforward and easy to use and as much as technology grows every year, so does its features as listed below:
- Receipt Uploading – the Ibotta mobile app allows you to upload your receipt to your mobile phone directly. It uses your phone’s camera as the lens and provides you with a clear digital copy of your receipt. You can then use this digital copy as proof of purchase so that you can get your cash back or whatever option you would want to take advantage of.
- Cashback – once you upload the digital copy of your receipt, you can then select the partner of your choice where you can redeem your points. In turn, it earns you extra cash under your account which you can use to purchase another product which begins the cycle anew.
- Bonuses – this is an app-specific feature that lets you earn additional cash by merely performing the related tasks or achieving the specific milestone using your account. Bonuses are accessed on the Main Menu, and you only need to tap on a particular bonus icon to reveal how you could get it. Just like video games, completing a bonus provides you an opportunity to unlock and complete another bonus item.
- Refer a Friend – this is a very generous app where you can earn money by having a friend register and sign up for the same services as you do. There is the regular referral bonus with a sizeable incentive, and then there are the special ones which Ibotta releases from time to time, within a certain period only.
- Expiration Notification – just like paper coupons, any offer online have an active expiration date which is displayed prominently. Apps like Ibotta do not like it when you miss out on an opportunity, so it sends push notifications whenever a promo that matches your activities nears its expiration date. You can set these notifications to the desired number of days before expiration.
- Spending Trends – the Ibotta app tracks your spending activity, as well as your receipt submissions, rewards and pending referral invites. This often results in notifications and a report that can show you the shopping activities that you have had including how much you spent and how much you have earned.
Get Started with Ibotta
To access Ibotta and know more about it through navigation, you would need to download it either from the Google Play Store or at the App Store. Once done installing the app, you would then need to complete your registration form and then open the App to begin.
Be prepared to provide your financial details as they would need it to charge your purchases and provide you your rebates.
After all, with so much to gain — and with absolutely nothing to lose —
shouldn’t you at least take a look?
How Does It Work?
With all its features, it’s easy to get confused and lose your way while using the app. Here is the step-by-step process of how Ibotta works.
1. Open the mobile app and go to the Home screen. Here you would see the offers that are available for you.
2. Finish the tasks that are assigned to the offer so you can add it to your account. Remember, the more offers you can add, the more cash you can get back.
3. Once the offers are in your cart or My Offers list, proceed to the retailers where Ibotta works and purchase the items that you wanted. Take note that some offers are exclusive to a particular retailer so read everything carefully.
4. You can then redeem your credit or cashback using the following methods:
- Manual Receipt Submission – using the mobile app, access the Redeem section and select the retailer where you purchased the item from. Take clear pictures of your receipt and select the offer that it matches to.
- Preferred Partner or Loyalty Card Submission – certain retailers require consumers to connect their loyalty card with Ibotta and add exclusive offers from there. This should be done before shopping, and you will get the credit after redemption is successful.
- Mobile Shopping Submission – this is more for online shopping where in-app or app to app purchases are bound to happen. There is no receipt upload required although keeping the order confirmation email will be necessary.
- Wait for your credits to reflect within 48 hours after each successful redemption. You have the option of keeping it there until it grows to a sizeable amount or you can withdraw the amount through partner banking institutions.
Ibotta seems to have direct access to your transactions with partner retailers, and they can see your spending trends and activity. This means that they do have control over what happens and while they can still be held liable for broken promises and unfulfilled commitment, you need to take a step back and assess the situation.
What is one side saying and why are they keeping quiet? Sometimes, Internet connectivity might be a cause for delay in responses, but most of the time, the proper process of reporting proof of purchases was not followed which would then result to wasted “could have been” earnings.
Just like any other online app where you are required to enter your banking details, be careful with your transactions and always take the time to read the fine print. Never assume that bad online experiences are results of negligence and apathy, but sometimes, just sometimes, the problem lies within the consumer for not paying attention and not understanding what they are getting into in the first place.
Final Verdict: Is Ibotta a Scam?
Based on my findings, Ibotta is not a scam. That being said, you must be extra careful with all of your transactions.
If you’d rather make money than watch TV… Why not try this? It’s FREE to get started, too. You’ll like that part…
Why THIS is risk-free for you. Look closer and you’ll see why.
What About You?
Thank you for reading my ibotta review. I hope you found it helpful. Now that you have reached the end of the review, what do you think – Is ibotta a scam or legit business opportunity?
Do you have any experience with ibotta (good or bad) that you want to share? Please drop a comment into the comment section below.
Thank you very much.