“Cat: Where are you going?
Alice: Which way should I go?
Cat: That depends on where you are going.
Alice: I don’t know.
Cat: Then it doesn’t matter which way you go.”
― Lewis Carroll
See! It nails it, doesn’t it?
That’s why I put together this “60 Goal Setting Quotes – Success Factors to Achieve Your Best Life.” The following list of famous inspirational “quotes reaching goals” will help you start moving forward and accelerate your life and career.
The big trouble here is this, though:
“Often people that settle in life are those that only do what they can with what they have and where they are,” says Shannon L. Alder.
Why is it trouble? Quite simple. They want YOU to settle too. They don’t want you to reach for higher goals in life. Your success makes them feel like failures. That’s why the world and his mother are telling you NOT to wish for higher goals.
[Sidebar: If you want to learn about my #1 work-at-home opportunity, check out THIS! You’re gonna like this (Yes, I am using it since 2013).]
And that’s why Shannon L. Alder continues,
“Never settle for someone that didn’t know your worth from the beginning, or build a life without God in it. Live beyond your low expectations.” ― Shannon L. Alder
Let me ask you – What do you want to achieve in your life? Do you want to gain better health,… more time for family or recreational fun, more leisure time, … or advancement in business…?
Or, do you want to be a better parent,… more creative or efficient,… or more influential over others?
Or, do you want to earn more money, be financially independent and resist domination by others?
Whatever your desire is, to achieve it you must set your goals in the first place. Then, make every possible effort to take that challenge.
The following 60 “quotes achieving goals” are to help you get all your cylinders firing.
So let’s start those wheels turning:
60 Goal Setting Quotes: Success
1. “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
2. “Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them.” – Les Brown
3. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
4. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
5. “There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A.” – Will Smith
6. “You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.” – Ted Turner
7. “If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.” – Coco Chanel
8. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
9. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
10. “It’s better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than at the top of the one you don’t.” – Stephen Kellogg
11. “If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.” – Jim Rohn
12. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose – somehow we always win out.” – Ronald Reagan
13. “To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.” – T.F. Hodge
14. “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.” – Napoleon Hill
15. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
16. “Dream small dreams. If you make them too big, you get overwhelmed and you don’t do anything. If you make small goals and accomplish them, it gives you the confidence to go on to higher goals.” – John H. Johnson
17. “People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.” – Earl Nightingale
18. “You must accept that you might fail; then, if you do your best and still don’t win, at least you can be satisfied that you’ve tried. If you don’t accept failure as a possibility, you don’t set high goals, you don’t branch out, you don’t try – you don’t take the risk.” – Rosalynn Carter
19. “If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals.” – Brian Tracy
20. “Each of us has about 40 chances to accomplish our goals in life. I learned this first through agriculture because all farmers can expect to have about 40 growing seasons, giving them just 40 chances to improve on every harvest.” – Howard Graham Buffett
21. “You never know what’s around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back, and you’ve climbed a mountain.” – Tom Hiddleston
22. “Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.” – Ralph Marston
23. “If a man knows not to which port he sails, no wind is favorable.” – Seneca
24. “Everybody has goals, aspirations or whatever, and everybody has been at a point in their life where nobody believed in them.” – Eminem
25. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
26. “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
27. “This one step – choosing a goal and sticking to it – changes everything.” – Scott Reed
28. “All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible.” – Orison Swett Marden
29. “Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I’ll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I’ll give you a stock clerk.” – J.C. Penney
30. “You must be passionate, you must dedicate yourself, and you must be relentless in the pursuit of your goals. If you do, you will be successful.” – Steve Garvey
31. “No matter how many goals you have achieved, you must set your sights on a higher one.” – Jessica Savitch
32. “Time can be an ally or an enemy. What it becomes depends entirely upon you, your goals, and your determination to use every available minute.” – Zig Ziglar
33. “Your complaints, your drama, your victim mentality, your whining, your blaming, and all of your excuses have NEVER gotten you even a single step closer to your goals or dreams. Let go of your nonsense. Let go of the delusion that you DESERVE better and go EARN it! Today is a new day!” – Steve Maraboli
34. “People will kill you. Over time. They will shave out every last morsel of fun in you with little, harmless sounding phrases that people uses every day, like: ‘Be realistic!’ “– Dylan Moran
35. “People are not lazy, they simply have impotent goals..that is..goals that do not inspire them.” – Anthony Robbins
36. A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
37. “Find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.” – Criss Jami
38. “If you’re bored with life, if you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things, you don’t have enough goals.” – Lou Holtz
39. “Make sure of your commitment to Jesus Christ, and seek to follow Him every day. Don’t be swayed by the false values and goals of this world, but put Christ and His will first in everything you do.” – Billy Graham
40. “Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.” – E. Joseph Cossman
41. “Success is steady progress toward one’s personal goals.” – Jim Rohn
42. “Happiness is not a goal…it’s a by–product of a life well lived.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
43. “Life is short, fragile and does not wait for anyone. There will NEVER be a perfect time to pursue your dreams and goals. ” – Unknown
44. “Not all dreamers are winners, but all winners are dreamers. Your dream is the key to your future. The Bible says that “without a vision (dream), a people perish.” You need a dream if you’re going to succeed in anything you do.” – Mark Gorman
45. “What keeps me going is goals.” – Muhammad Ali
46. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.”– Bo Jackson
47. “Life always begins with one step outside of your comfort zone.” – Shannon L. Alder
48. “Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.” – Paulo Coelho
49. “If you can tune into your purpose and really align with it, setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose, then life flows much more easily.”– Jack Canfield
50. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
51. “I have a notebook that is filled to the brim with my dreams and ideas and goals and aspirations.” – Karlie Kloss
52. “Naturally, when one makes progressive steps, there may be some who see it as a betrayal of their goals and interests.” – Louis Farrakhan
53. “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.” – Bruce Lee
54. “A winner is someone who recognizes his God–given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.” – Larry Bird
55. “What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve.” – Norman Vincent Peale
56. “The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low, and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
57. “People are remarkably bad at remembering long lists of goals. I learned this at a professional level when trying to get my high–performance coaching clients to stay on track; the longer their lists of to–dos and goals, the more overwhelmed and off–track they got. Clarity comes with simplicity.” – Brendon Burchard
58. “Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.” – Sylvia Plath
59. “If you always think about your dreams or goals, work steadfastly towards them and continue to challenge yourself, you will definitely be able to realize those dreams or goals.” – Tadashi Yanai
60. “Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.” – Jack Canfield
And finally, John Bytheway gives a brilliant advice to those who don’t want to achieve anything in their lives.
Amazing! Read this:
“If you’re trying to be miserable, it’s important you don’t have any goals. No school goals, personal goals, family goals. Your only objective each day should be to inhale and exhale for sixteen hours before you go to bed again. /…/ To maintain your misery, the idea of crossing off your goals should never cross your mind.” – John Bytheway
Just kidding (sorta).
Because I know full well that YOU are not one of those.
Before You Go:
Now that you have read the “60 Goal Setting Quotes – Success Factors to Achieve Your Best Life,” what do you think?
Which inspirational quotes about goals did you like best? May I ask you kindly to leave me a comment into the box below. Thank you :)