Handpicked for Bloggers and Internet Marketers.
“Sacrifice and hard work,” says Columbian Mariana Pajón, BMX Gold medalist in Rio Olympics 2016 while answering a question on what fuels her.
What does fuel you?
Because, when times are tough, it’s hard to keep the fire burning.
Read these 41 motivational quotes by athletes from Rio Olympics 2016 below and you will see – success on a race track won’t come easy. It’s the same in other areas of life.
[Sidebar: If you want to learn about my #1 work-at-home opportunity, check out THIS! You’re gonna like this (Yes, I am using it since 2013).]
What makes top level athletes so special is the fact that they take their game to the extreme limit. Their level of dedication, concentration, willingness to work hard and sacrifice is absolutely fascinating.
Read and you will see extreme joy and happiness from winning. And also sheer frustration from losing.
Because, after all, they are human – flesh and blood. The amount of hard work and sacrifice that they have put in is often just unimaginable.
It’s not a cakewalk, but it’s possible. POSSIBLE!
I personally am so encouraged, so much more fueled, so much more dedicated after reading their quotes.
So here we go:
41 Motivational Quotes by Athletes from Rio Olympics 2016
1. “I think goals should never be easy; they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” – Michael Phleps, Swimming (US)
2. “The important thing is that you have to fight until the last arrow, with your heart and mind.”- Ilario Di Buo, Archery (Italy)
3. “It’s been 17 years for me of slogging away for this hour and a half.” – Joshua Robinson, Javelin (Australia)
4. “I’m not naturally the most confident athlete. But if my coaches tell me that I can run a certain time, I believe it with no question. Then that’s it; that’s decided, that’s what I’m going to run.” – Emma Coburn, Track and Field (US)
6. “I gave my all and my all wasn’t a gold or a silver or a bronze – but it’s not nothing.” – Bronte Campbell, Swimming (Australia)
7. “Goal setting has definitely stuck with me. Those ‘want times’ were always very ambitious. That part has carried on. I try to set goals that seem kind of unreasonable at first. As I work toward them, the more reasonable they look.” – Katie Ledecky, Swimming (US)
8. “I just proved to them that even after the war, even after we survived a war, if they want something they can have it. If they want to be Olympic champions, they can be. Even if we come from a small country, poor country,” – Majlinda Kelmendi, judo (Kosovo)”This medal is [a response] for all those who said I should be [a monkey] in a cage,” Rafaela Silva, Judo (Brazil)
9. “I don’t have to say anything to them because I know just how much hard work and effort I’ve put in.” – Deepika Kumari, Archery (India)
10. “I wasn’t there just to make up numbers; I was always going to give it a red hot crack.” – Kim Mickle
- How to Motivate Yourself to Keep Going? 76 Famous Quotes about Perseverance
- 41 Famous Quotes Overcoming Obstacles. Egon Sarv Reviews
11. “Anyone can win it. That’s what I told myself. I just didn’t want to look at Goliath and get scared.” – Helen Maroulis, Wrestler (US)
13. “We have survived a war. There are still kids who don’t know if their parents are alive, don’t have anything to eat or books to go to school. So the fact of becoming Olympic champion is just huge for all of us.”- Majlinda Kelmendi, Judo (Kosovo)
14. “What I’ve done over the past couple years has been pretty great, but even that doesn’t define my swimming. Working hard and doing everything I can to be successful should be my identity.” – Katie Ledecky, Swimming (US)
15. “We’ve always known he’s the real deal, Delly… he prepares and cares more than anyone I’ve ever seen.” – Luc Longley (assistant coach) on Matthew Dellavedova, Basketball (Australia)
16. “It’s never easy to break a world record, and it takes a lot of hard work and every day getting in the pool and giving it my all.” – Katie Ledecky (US)
17. “I would be lying if I (I said) I wasn’t bitterly disappointed.” Anna Meares, Track Cycling, (Australia)
18. “I’m putting my body through hell every day to make sure I do myself proud in Rio.” – Mohamed Muktar Jama “Mo” Farah, Distance Running (Great Britain)
19. “I’ve been working really hard these past couple of years and just grinding it out, and I feel like could be a champion one day.” – Andre de Grasse, Track and Field (Canada)
20. “I told myself: ‘Listen: Don’t panic. Take your time, chip away, and work your way back in.” – Usain Bolt, Track and Field (Jamaica)
21. “A lot of heart is the key to success.” – Chris Brooks, Gymnastics (US)
22. “I just work hard and try my best every time I step up on those blocks. I’m very goal-oriented. I’ve always set high goals for myself. When I was little, I never dreamed of going to the Olympics, but once I did I wanted to do my very best at that level. Four years ago, when I was visualizing my final, I never envisaged anything other than winning gold. Once I get to that level, I’m able to set the goals for myself and go out and achieve them.” – Katie Ledecky. Swimming (US)
23. “I just wanted to see those little targets smash.” – Catherine Skinner, Sport Shooting (Australia)
24. “My legs were tired after the 10,000m and people had to bring me food in my room. This is the most satisfying win of the four; it is incredible. If you have dreams they can come true.” – Mohamed Muktar Jama “Mo” Farah, Distance Running (Great Britain)
25. “Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get,” Michael Phelps, Swimming (US)
26. “I went from having surgery to being one of the top 15 men in the country by the age of 17. That shows me how much you can improve if you really want something bad enough.” – Jake Dalton, Gymnastics (US)
27. “This moment is not about me; it’s all about my coaches, my friends, my family that believed that when I was a six-year-old kid that I could do it.” – Joseph Schooling, Swimming (Singapore)
28. “It doesn’t matter what your background is and where you come from. If you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters.” – Serena Williams, Tennis (US)
29. “You need to have guts when you’re up against it. You need a dream, a goal and above all your family.” – Oscar Figueroa, Weightlifting (Colombia)
31. “It’s not about winning at the Olympic Games. It’s about trying to win. The motto is faster, higher, stronger, not fastest, highest, strongest. Sometimes it’s the trying that matters.” – Bronte Barratt, Swimming (Australia)
32. “Peace is knowing that I did everything I possible could have done, that something beautiful will come out of this, and that I will come back stronger than ever before.” – Missy Franklin, Swimming (US)
33. “I don’t think it matters your body type. I think if you’re passionate about something you can go after it, and I hope I can be an example for that.” – Allyson Felix, Track and Field (US)
34. “My doping is training. My doping is Jesus. Otherwise, I’m crystal clean.” – Almaz Ayana, Distance Running (Ethiopia)
35. “Are you going to stand or are you going to crumble? In the face of everything, still stand.” – Gabby Douglas, Gymnastics (US)
36. “The amount of hours I have put into this, the sacrifices I have made; not going to my sister’s wedding, skipping the Opening Ceremony to try and get a good result and it’s all perfect now.” – Tom Burton, Sailing (Australia)
37. “When it´s time for me to sleep, I always think about archery. That is why I can stay on top.” – Ki Bo Bae (South-Korea)
38. “In some ways, it was really tough. But it was also a reminder of how much I really did love the sport. Because if I didn’t, I would have given up.” Rosie MacLennan, Trampolining Gymnastics (Canada)
39. “To do eight years and to get two silver medals is frustrating but we didn’t leave one bit to spare in that final.” Jack Bobridge, Cycling (Australia)
40. “Hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made,” Gabby Douglas, Gymnastics (US)
41. “I have broken more bones than won world titles. If it’s something safe you are after, go swimming.” – Mariana Pajón, BMX (Colombia)
What About You?
Which one of these 41 motivational quotes by athletes boosted your confidence most?
Please tell me by leaving a comment into the comment section below. Thank you :)
Articles you might also like:
- 73 Famous Muhammad Ali Quotes – For Bloggers and Marketers
- Ayrton Senna Quotes, What People Say About Him?
- Why Is Concentration Important – 60 Famous Motivational Quotes Tell You Why.
- How to Succeed in Online Biz – 87 Tips From Top 30 Social Media Power Influencers
- 51 Making Mistakes Quotes, Twitter Size