Let me ask you. In a scale from 0 to 100, how important is honesty in any business? What do you think? I handpicked the following 90 famous honesty quotes with bloggers and marketers in mind. My intention is to shed light on the subject a bit.
But first, I want you to think about it a minute. How important is honesty in your business? In any business?
In fact, there are way more important things than honesty to focus one’s attention while building up a business, right?
Read the following quotes and you will discover – Honesty has a primary and thus vital role in any business on the planet.
Let’s take this as an example:
“People all over the nation are starved for honesty and common sense.” – Ben Carson
Let us figure out what that means. It means that people are sick to death of all kinds of fake products and dishonesty. People are literally starving, STARVING for… For what? For HONESTY and common sense.
And guess why?
Because honesty is so rear thing these days. That’s why.
Or take this quote:
“A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.” – Edgar J. Mohn
Most probably you have already noticed that almost everybody in the world (at least in the West) wants to get quick rich and become successful with a snap of fingers. Nobody has the patience to wait. However, the road to quick success is often a road of dishonesty. But cheating won’t carry you far in business. Sooner or later you will fall, and the price to pay is high. Fruits of not being honest with your customers or partners will taste bitter.
I don’t want my business or my personal life to end up in tatters. That’s why I put together this piece of content. Let’s say; it is like a prevention work. Also, these quotes about honesty help you to lay a solid foundation for your future success. This is what you want, right?
OK, here we go:
90 Famous Honesty Quotes for Bloggers and Marketers
1. “He that loseth his honesty hath nothing else to lose.” – John Lyly
2. “Honesty will never break you.” – Kate Hudson
3. “The high road is always respected. Honesty and integrity are always rewarded.” – Scott Hamilton
4. “Don’t trade in your authenticity for approval.” – Anonymous
5. “Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.” – Unknown
6. “I’ve got a thing for genuine people.” – Anonymous
7. “I believe fundamental honesty is the keystone of business.” – Harvey S. Firestone
8. “If I cut you off, chances are, you handed me the scissors.” – Anonymous
9. “Honesty pays, but it doesn’t seem to pay enough to suit some people.” – Frank McKinney
10. “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
11. “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” – William Shakespeare
12. “Honesty is the best policy.” – Benjamin Franklin
13. “Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” – Taylor Lautner
14. “Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in businesses at all times.” – John Gerzema
15. “Honesty is for the most part less profitable than dishonesty.” – Plato
16. “Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don’t have brains enough, to be honest. ” – Benjamin Franklin
17. “Everyone wants the truth, but no one wants to be honest.” – Unknown
18. “Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.” – Ellen DeGeneres
19. “The hardest tumble a man can take is to fall off his own bluff.” – Ambrose Bierce
20. “Just keep it real with me, I’ll respect you way more.” – Unknown
21. “Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist.” – Mary Kay Ash
22. “When you do something with a lot of honesty, appetite and commitment, the input reflects in the output.” – A. R. Rahman
23. “A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.” – Edgar J. Mohn
24. “I like to see honesty out of people. People who are trustworthy. I like to see people who are involved with The Lord.” – Ray Lewis
25. “Honesty doesn’t always pay, but dishonesty always costs.” – Michael Josephson
26. “Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.” – Mother Theresa
27. “Most writers flinch at the thought of being completely honest about themselves. So absolute honesty is what marks the true modern.” – J. G. Ballard
28. “With lies you may get ahead in the world — but you can never go back.” – Russian Proverb
29. “Honesty is something you can’t wear out.” – Waylon Jennings
30. “Never lie under any circumstances.” – Warren Buffett
31. “Good profits simply are not inconsistent with good behavior.” – Warren Buffett
32. “There’s just some magic in truth and honesty and openness.” – Frank Ocean
33. “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on.” – Winston Churchill
34. “I never lie because I don’t fear anyone. You only lie when you’re afraid.” – John Gotti
35. “You can’t make a good deal with a bad person.” – Warren Buffett
36. “Honesty and integrity are by far the most important assets of an entrepreneur.” – Zig Ziglar
37. “Honesty is about the scars. It’s about the blemishes. But it’s more than just bragging about failure, which could be a form of ego. It’s about truly helping people.” – James Altucher
38. “Honesty has a power that very few people can handle.” – Steven Aitchison
39. “If you want to be successful, you must respect one rule – Never lie to yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
40. “Honesty is of God and dishonesty of the devil; the devil was a liar from the beginning.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
41. “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love, and loyalty.” – Zig Ziglar
42. “I think brutal honesty is extremely important. Don’t be afraid of being up-front about your feelings and your life.” – Minka Kelly
43. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.” – If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
44. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Author unknown
45. “Honesty will never break you.” – Kate Hudson
46. “It takes strength and courage to admit the truth. ” ― Rick Riordan
47. “Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly about you, no one would believe it.” – Unknown
48. “Almost any difficulty will move in the face of honesty. When I am honest, I never feel stupid. And when I am honest I am automatically humble.” – Hugh Prather
49. “If the words don’t add up, it’s usually because the truth wasn’t included in the equation.” – Anonymous
50. “Achievements on the golf course are not what matters, decency and honesty are what matter.” – Tiger Woods
51. “Concentration is my motto – first honesty, then industry, then concentration.” – Andrew Carnegie
52. “Being fake is not a respectable quality. Being honest is.” – Anonymous
53. “Do what is right… do it with honesty and vigor. Be creative – that’s important. Don’t follow what other people are doing.” – John Gokongwei
54. “I have built my reputation on honesty, I have sometimes been too honest.” – David Blunkett
55. “Honesty prospers in every condition of life.” – Friedrich Schiller
56. “I think people respect honesty rather than hiding it.” – Jack Whitehall
57. “Always say what you mean and mean what you say. Express how you feel and don’t ever apologize for being real.” – Unknown
58. “Anything well written with good language and clarity and honesty is worth doing. It comes out of the same tradition as Shakespeare.” – Michael Moriarty
59. “It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.” – Henry Louis Mencken
60. “Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.” ― George R. Martin
61. “Moral authority comes from following universal and timeless principles like honesty, integrity, treating people with respect.” – Stephen Covey
62. “Don’t let my honesty offend you.” – Anonymous
63. “Truth is the most valuable thing we have, so I try to conserve it.” – Mark Twain
64. “Dare to be honest and fear no labor.” – Robert Burns
65. “Honesty is a very expensive gift – don’t expect it from cheap people.” – Warren Buffett
66. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters” – Albert Einstein
67. “Neither soldiers nor money can defend a king but only friends won by good deeds, merit, and honesty.” – Sallust
68. “Honesty is the best policy – when there is money in it.” – Mark Twain
69. “More precious is want with honesty than wealth with infamy.” – Thomas Wentworth
70. “Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life – all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity.” – Zig Ziglar
71. “I’m the voice of honesty.” – Howard Stern
72. “Pretty much all the honest truth telling in the world is done by children.” – Oliver Wendell
73. “The greatest gift you ever give is your honest self.” – Fred Rogers
74. “I am different from Washington; I have a higher, grander standard of principle. Washington could not lie. I can lie, but I won’t.” – Mark Twain
75. “A lie may take care of the present, but it has no future.” – Unknown
76. “When you walk a life of honesty, you live a life of truth.” – Therese Benedict
77. “The nature of honesty is that if someone has information or knows something about you that you don’t want to be heard, then they have power over you.” – Ben Folds
78. “It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.” – Noel Coward
79. “In the long run, I believe that honesty is definitely the best policy. One can get away by being dishonest for a short term, but ultimately, honesty is what pays.” – Kapil Dev
80. “Big or small, lies are lies.” – Unknown
81. “I’ll tell you what the public likes more than anything.” – It’s the most rare commodity in the world – honesty.” – Merle Haggard
82. “Beware of the half truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half.” – Author Unknown
83. “Honesty is the most single most important factor having a direct bearing on the final success of an individual, corporation, or product.” – Ed McMahon
84. “It’s much easier to stay out of trouble now than to get out of trouble later.” –Warren Buffett
85. “Honesty is grounded in humility and indeed in humiliation, and in admitting exactly where we are powerless.” – David Whyte
86. “People love that you’re human and that we’re frail, and we face the same situations. Honesty tends to communicate with people better than standing up there like you have an ‘S’ on your chest.” – TobyMac
87. “If you do not tell the truth about yourself, you cannot tell it about other people” – Virginia Woolf
88. “The first step toward greatness is to be honest.” – Proverb
89. “It’s easiest to be all things to all men, but it is not honest.” – Abraham Lincoln
90. “Tell a lie once and all your truths become questionable.” – Unknown
So, let me ask you again. If you were to evaluate the importance of honesty in any business on a scale from 0 to 100 how much would you give?
These 90 famous honesty quotes reveal that the answer is 100. Honesty in business is that crucial.
Finally, let me ask you this: Do you want to learn how to start making honest income online? If so, check the link below. Don’t worry, it is free, and there are no obligations for you.
Before you go:
Which one of these 90 famous honesty quotes stroke you nerve strongest? Why? What did you learn while reading these quotes? May I kindly ask you to drop me a comment below and let me know?
- 58 Work Efficiency Quotes – Raise Your Achieving Power Right Now
- Why Is Concentration Important – 60 Famous Motivational Quotes Tell You Why.
- 90 Famous Quotes About Writing – Boost Your Writing Skills Right Now
- 50 Quotes About Writing Headlines That Attract The Most Readers – by Caples, Hopkins, Collier, etc.
- Honest Way to Make Money Online – 17 Ethical Sites You Can Trust