Perseverance – This you understand. But Concentration -“Why is Concentration important? Why do I need it?”
Have you ever asked like that? Have you thought about concentration? Or, “How can I improve my concentration?”
I am honest with you. I have not. Until now.
Anyway, few days ago I stumbled upon a kind of interesting list. It was a list of personality factors written by a famous mail order magnate Joe Karbo. According to Mr. Karbo, the qualities in his list are most often necessary for achieving your goals in life.
Sound engaging? Because you want to achieve your goals in life, don’t you?
Listen now. In Joe Karbo’s personality factors list, Concentration comes first. Wow!
Suddenly, the concentration becomes important. That’s why I created this list of 60 famous motivational quotes on concentration.
When you read the following 60 quotes you will be surprised how awfully critical concentration is on your road to success. Also, you will discover quite a few serious mistakes, which you want to avoid in the future.
Why Is Concentration Important – 60 Famous Quotes
1. “It is those who concentrate on but one thing at a time who advance in this world. The great man or woman is the one who never steps outside his or her specialty or foolishly dissipates his or her individuality.” – Og Mandino
2. “Whatever luck I had, I made. I was never a natural athlete, but I paid my dues in sweat and concentration and took the time necessary to learn karate and become world champion.” – Chuck Norris
3. “The jack–of–all–trades seldom is good at any. Concentrate all of your efforts on one definite chief aim.” – Napoleon Hill
4. “I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time…” – Charles Dickens
5. “It’s shocking how little there is to do with tennis when you’re just thinking about nothing except winning every point.” – Andre Agassi
6. “The secret to success in any human endeavor is total concentration.” – Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
7. “What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration and the will to win.” – Patty Berg
8. “If you can keep playing tennis when somebody is shooting a gun down the street, that’s concentration.” – Serena Williams
9. “The giants of the race have been men of concentration, who have struck sledge” – hammer blows in one place until they have accomplished their purpose. The successful men of today are men of one overmastering idea, one unwavering aim, men of single and intense purpose.” – Orison Swett Marden
10. “When I am away, I am with it. When I am with it, I am away.” – Aditya Ajmera
11. “Success is like a camera. Only focus on what is most important. Ignore trivial details. Concentrate on your main goal image for success. Develop your pictures. If they don’t turn out, don’t give up. Take more shots at it. Always be persistent. Focus on making success clearly happen.” – Mark LaMoure
12. “Singleness of purpose is one of the chief essentials for success in life, no matter what may be one’s aim.” – John D. Rockefeller
13. “It seems a peculiar fact that it is easier to concentrate on something that is not good for us, than on something that is beneficial. This tendency is overcome when we learn to concentrate consciously.” – William W. Atkinson
14. “My concentration level blocks out everything. Concentration is why some athletes are better than others. You develop that concentration in training and concentrate in a meet. .” – Edwin Moses
15. “If our thoughts and hopes are elsewhere, it is impossible to set our faces steadily toward the work required of us.” – Anonymous
16. “So if you cannot concentrate one of the following is the cause:
- “Deficiency of the motor centers.”
- “An impulsive and emotional mind.”
- “An untrained mind.”
The last fault can soon be removed by systematic practice. It is easiest to correct.
The impulsive and emotional state of mind can best be corrected by restraining anger, passion and excitement, hatred, strong impulses, intense emotions, fretfulness, etc. It is impossible to concentrate when you are in any of these excited states. These can be naturally decreased by avoiding such food and drinks as have nerve weakening or stimulating influences, or a tendency to stir up the passions, the impulses and the emotions; it is a very good practice to watch and associate with those persons that are steady, calm, controlled and conservative.” – William W. Atkinson,
17. “I’ve learned ruthless concentration. I can write under any circumstances…street noises, loud talk, music, you name it.” – Sylvia Porter
18. “The ability to concentrate and to use time well is everything.” – Lee Iacocca
19. “The person that is able to concentrate utilizes all constructive thoughts and shuts out all destructive ones.” – William W. Atkinson
20. “The weakest living creature, by concentrating his powers on a single object, can accomplish good results while the strongest, by dispersing his effort over many chores, may fail to accomplish anything. Drops of water, by continually falling, hone their passage through the hardest of rocks but the hasty torrent rushes over it with hideous uproar and leaves no trace behind.” – Og Mandino
21. “What do I mean by concentration? I mean focusing totally on the business at hand and commanding your body to do exactly what you want it to do.” – Arnold Palmer
22. “Ninety percent of my game is mental. It’s my concentration that has gotten me this far.” – Chris Evert
23. “The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success are concentration, discrimination, organization, innovation and communication.” – Michael Faraday
24. “If you want to use your full amount of steam, you must close your valves and direct your power of generating mental steam toward one end. Center your mind on one purpose, one plan, one transaction.” – William W. Atkinson
25. “The secret of success is to try always to improve yourself no matter where you are or what your position. Learn all you can. Don’t see how little you can do, but how much you can do.” – William W. Atkinson
26. “Stress kills, and concentration fulfills.” – Franklin Gillette
27. “The master of a single trade can support a family. The master of seven trades cannot support himself. The wind is never for the sailor who knows not to what port he is bound.” – Og Mandino
28. “INTEREST. Here is the key to the whole thing. If and when you are truly interested in what you are doing, or are about to do, then you will center your attention on it with little or no effort, and almost irrespective of the attendant conditions.” – Ralph Alfred Habas
29. “Those who attain to any excellence commonly spend life in some single pursuit, for excellence is not often gained upon easier terms.” – Samuel Johnson
30. “Any individual can be, in time, what he earnestly desires to be, if he but set his face steadfastly in the direction of that one thing and bring all his powers to bear upon its attainment.” – J. Herman Randall
31. “As long as I can concentrate and remain somewhat calm, I can normally do very well.” – Al Oerter
32. “Before water generates steam, it must register 212 of heat; 200 will not do it. The water must boil to generate enough steam to move an engine. Lukewarm water will not run anything. Lukewarmness will not generate life’s work.” – Anonymous
33. “Concentrate on the here and now. The future can take care of itself.” – Christopher Nuttall
34. “Concentrate; put all your eggs in one basket, and watch that basket…” – Andrew Carnegie
35. “Concentrating on the essentials. We will then be accomplishing the greatest possible results with the effort expended.” – Ted W. Engstrom
36. “Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory.” – Bill Russell
37. “Concentration comes out of a combination of confidence and hunger.” – Arnold Palmer
38. “Concentration is a fine antidote to anxiety.” – Jack Nicklaus
39. “Concentration is my motto — first honesty, then industry, then concentration.” – Andrew Carnegie
40. “Concentration is the factor that causes the great discrepancy between men and the results they achieve… the difference in their power of calling together all the rays of their ability and concentrating on one point.” – Orison Swett Marden
41. “Concentration is the key to economic results. No other principles of effectiveness is violated as constantly today as the basic principle of concentration.” – Peter F. Drucker
42. “Concentration is why some athletes are better than others. You develop that concentration in training. You can’t be lackluster in training and concentrate in a meet.” – Edwin Moses
43. “Concentration is… a relaxed mental state, where the stream of consciousness flows in a single direction, either focusing on a phrase or mental picture, or alternately, a state in which the mind is alert and aware.” – Gudjon Bergmann
44. “Each man is capable of doing one thing well. If he attempts several, he will fail to achieve distinction in any.” – Plato
45. “Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses… on your powers, instead of your problems.” – Paul J. Meyer
46. “To be able to concentrate for a considerable time is essential to difficult achievement.” – Bertrand Russell
47. “When you fully focus your mind, you make others attracted to you.” – Toba Beta
48. “The price of winning is dedication and the price of dedication is concentration. To get any of the two you have to accept to toil for both.” – Auliq Ice
49. “Turn your actions into concentrated practices.” – Belsebuub
50. “Normally, we do not so much look at things as overlook them.” – Alan W. Watts
51. “It is one of the unexpected disasters of the modern age that our new unparalleled access to information has come at the price of our capacity to concentrate on anything much.” – Alain de Botton
52. “One arrow does not bring down two birds.” – Turkish Proverb
53. “One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” – Anthony Robbins
54. “Nothing can add more power to your life than concentrating all your energies on a limited set of targets.” – Nido Qubein
55. “To do two things at once is to do neither.” – Publilius Syrus
56. “When you write down your ideas you automatically focus your full attention on them. Few if any of us can write one thought and think another at the same time. Thus a pencil and paper make excellent concentration tools.” – Michael Leboeuf
57. “My ability to concentrate and work toward that goal has been my greatest asset.” – Jack Nicklaus
58. “Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Sri Swami Sivananda
59. “There can only be one state of mind as you approach any profound test; total concentration, a spirit of togetherness, and strength.” – Pat Riley
60. “The next point – that’s all you must think about.” – Rod Laver
These 60 famous motivational quotes on concentration listed above are inspirational, aren’t they? If you ask me, I like them much. They build me up, you know.
Do you have concentration problems? I do. That’s why these quotes are so helpful for me.
I hope, they are for you, too.
Before you go:
Your feedback and thoughts are valuable to me. Therefore, please drop me a comment below and tell what you think. Do you agree with the thoughts in these quotes? Which one quote inspired you most?
And, if you happen to be on a salaried job but the desire to be your own boss, why not check the following link below?
- 50 Quotes About Writing Headlines That Attract The Most Readers – by Caples, Hopkins, Collier, etc.
- 50 Inspirational Quotes: Time Management Tips and Strategies
- 76 Famous Quotes about Perseverance – How to Motivate Yourself to Keep Going?
- 41 Famous Quotes Overcoming Obstacles. Egon Sarv Reviews
- 51 Making Mistakes Quotes, Twitter Size
- 58 Work Efficiency Quotes – Raise Your Achieving Power Right Now